Skip to main content

Phantom Dust Xbox One's Developer Shuttered, But Development Continues

Microsoft claims the game remains in development.


Microsoft has cut ties with Darkside Games, the studio responsible for the new Xbox One game Phantom Dust, resulting in the studio's shutdown, according to a new report by Kotaku.

The Florida-based independent studio reportedly laid off its staff after Microsoft canceled the version of Phantom Dust it was working on. In a statement to GameSpot, a Microsoft spokesperson didn't address the closure, stating, "Microsoft partnered with Dark side Game Studios in the development of Phantom Dust, but our working relationship has now ended. We have great respect for their studio and their work in the industry."

The spokesperson then went on to confirm that Phantom Dust is still coming: "While we do not have anything new to share on Phantom Dust at this time, we can confirm that development of the title continues. We look forward to sharing more details on the game as we get closer to release."

As for when that release is coming, we really don't know. Following the discovery of a trademark filing, the game was unveiled at last year's E3 as a reboot of the 2005 Xbox game of the same name. Since then, we've heard little about it, and today's developments could mean it'll now be longer before we see it again.

Source:- http://goo.gl/gAFmd4

Popular posts from this blog

Ariana Grande Posted a video on Instagram

Watch out WhatsApp: Google may be launching a free messaging app very soon

Software giant Google Inc plans to launch a mobile messaging app it is likely to test in India and other emerging markets, the Economic Times reported on Friday, citing sources.

If launched, the mobile app will compete in the mobile chat space with the likes of WhatsApp, Line and Hike.

The daily said Google was in the early stages of development of the app, which will not make it mandatory to use a Google login. Moreover, unlike WhatsApp, where users have to pay Rs 53 annually after one year of usage, Google's messaging app will be free.

The Mountain View, California-based company is also looking at localisation, by adding Indian language support and voice-to-text messaging, the newspaper said.

A Google spokeswoman said the company did not comment on speculation.

Source:- http://bit.ly/1xIZHMs

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Zombies Sold Separately As Part of $50 DLC Pass

Fans were excited when last week a leaked trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare seemed to show that a Zombies mode would be making it into the game. As Advanced Warfare is from Sledgehammer, Activision’s newest developer recruit, it was unknown if Zombies, a Treyarch tradition, would appear as a mode in the new game.

Now, we have confirmation that Zombies are indeed coming to Advanced Warfare, but how they’re coming might upset fans.

Announced by a GameStop press release, access to an upcoming Zombies mode is granted through the purchase of the game’s mammoth $50 DLC Season Pass, which includes five maps from the get-go, all maps after that, and now apparently, Zombies.

Though Call of Duty is known for its traditional deathmatch-style multiplayer and summer blockbuster-esque story campaigns, there is a huge contingent of fans who adore Zombies, and some who play it almost exclusively, as it’s a very different type of game than any of the other modes with its own kind of strategy and…